“In my practice, women find these treatments very beneficial to calm the mind and ease worries about labour & delivery. I was fortunate to have an efficient birth and sharing this story with women gives them hope and inspires faith in the birth process. Additionally, women find these treatments very relaxing and a wonderful time to ease and discomforts associated with late pregnancy”– Jen Cherewaty Registered Acupuncturist & Doula
A series of treatments in the final weeks of pregnancy to prepare a woman for childbirth which;
- Ripen the cervix
- Reduce anxiety & stress to invoke calm & strength in the pre-birth time.
- Increase chances of birth starting on time, within 40 weeks.
- Treat other late pregnancy symptoms such as heartburn, leg cramps, back pain, insomnia or swollen hands & feet., itching and fatigue.
- Shorten duration of labour
Pre-Birth Treatment Plan
Once a week starting at week 36 to 40 weeks (or when baby arrives)
- Walking/Swimming ~20-30 minutes two to three times each week
- Pre-Natal Yoga or Tai Chi-two times each week
- Mindful Relation / Meditation / Visualization ~ 5-10 minutes each day
- Rest~20-30 minutes each day
Feedback from Midwives
“Pre-birth acupuncture offers a range of positive effects that goes beyond reducing the time spent in labour, with midwives reporting a reduced rate of medical intervention”~Debra Betts (Midwife & Acupuncturist)